Update 14 SeptEMBER:
The Scottish Government has exempted organised outdoor activities from the “rule of six” constraints. We are operating as normal according to the protocols below:
We want you to have a safe trip with us aboard Spindrift IV so we're working hard to adhere to the latest Government health advice for boat operators and passengers. We're specifically following the Transport Scotland advice for ferries. Here's how we're operating and what we're asking of you:
1. Wrap up for the weather, you'll be outside for the duration of the trip. Bring a mask and ideally visit the toilet before you board.
2. Don't attempt to come aboard if you or a member of your household has been displaying C-virus symptoms.
3. Please arrive outside the Pink Guest House in Portree Harbour* at least ten minutes in advance of the sailing time.
4. We will meet you and brief you on safety aboard the boat including these Covid-19-precautions. Please maintain social distance and masks are encouraged.
5. We reserve the right to deny boarding to anyone we consider to be unwell or who we think will be unable to comply with the Covid-19 rules we're adhering to. A full refund will be provided.
6. When you board the vessel use the hand-wash and then you will be guided to your position on the vessel. There's plenty of space aboard to maintain social distancing. Wear a mask as you board and until you're in position. Then you may remove your mask.
7. Stay in your position for the duration of the voyage, the Skipper will try to make sure everyone gets to see the sights equally.
8. Normally everyone will be seated, however if the passenger mix has many solo travelers then some may be asked to stand. We'd allocate seating based on need and hope you'll support us in this.
9. We do have a toilet aboard but would ask that you try to avoid the need to use it. If you do use it please use the cleaning materials on the toilet surfaces after you use it.
10. In exceptional circumstances the Skipper may allow up to four persons into the interior of the vessel. Mask wearing and 1m distancing is required. Example reasons might be the comfort of mothers with very young children or the elderly.
11. Our normal practice of distributing binoculars has been suspended. Please bring your own optics.
12. At the end of the trip please use masks as you disembark and wait your turn to be invited to leave.
13. We'll be working to make the boat as clean and safe as possible. Please do bear with us if things take a little longer or congestion at the port with other boat operators slows our progress.
14. Specifically relating to Covid 19, you acknowledge that you are travelling with us at your own risk and agree that you will not hold our company or staff liable if you contract the Covid 19 virus following a voyage aboard Spindrift IV.
This section has been added to our standard terms and if it conflicts with any other subsequent sections this section has precedence. (*call for other harbour details)